Last updated: September 10, 2023
The personal data (hereinafter referred to as "information") that you provide to us is essential to maintaining a commercial relationship with you. We recognize their importance and are committed to preserving them. This is why we have developed this policy, where we outline our information and privacy protection measures. Our goal is to provide you with complete transparency.
This policy applies to the collection, use and communication of all information collected as part of your commercial relationship with Gustine Baby. It remains in effect as long as we hold your information, even after the termination of our business relationship.
The person responsible for personal data protection and privacy within Gustine Baby is responsible for supervising the implementation of these practices. If you have any questions regarding this policy, you can contact him at the following addresses:
Responsible for the protection of personal information
574 Boulevard Guimond, Longueuil, J4G 1P8, Quebec
You can also contact us as indicated in Section 8 below if you have any questions.
2. ABOUT THE INFORMATION COLLECTED
2.1. Type of information
- Name, first name (contact person)
- Telephone number (ext.)
- Email addresses
- Credit card number (if applicable)
- Bank details (if applicable)
- Connection data
- Data relating to the use of the website
- Number of pages viewed by the user
- Names of pages viewed by the user
- User journey
- Last site visited
- Duration of visit
- IP address (date, country, region)
- Browser data
- Device data
Information to confirm your identity
- Language and communication preferences
Information about digital interactions (websites, apps, chat services, text messaging, social media sites)
- Device information (e.g. IP address, VPN, proxies, device type and operating system)
- Information about your approximate location that is generated using your IP address when you visit our websites
- Browsing preferences and habits, such as which pages you view and use.
IMPORTANT: We limit the collection of your information to what is necessary to help us serve you well.
2.2. Source of information
We may collect your information directly from you when you communicate or interact with us, when you purchase a product. We may also collect your information indirectly and from other sources. Where required, we obtain your consent.
- content generated through the use of our websites, mobile applications and social media platforms.
What is a cookie?
A cookie is in the form of a text file saved by your browser in a reserved area of your device's hard drive when you visit a website. Its role is to allow the entity that issued it to identify the device on which it is stored for a specific period, while retaining certain information linked to your journey, with the aim of facilitating your navigation on the sites web or to offer you personalized content based on your preferences.
Purposes of data processing
We and our partners use technologies that collect non-critical information from your device to refine our offerings and present advertising and content tailored to your preferences. You have the choice to accept or refuse certain of these purposes.
- Essential and safety : We use essential technologies and cookies to guarantee the proper functioning and security of our online services. Their deactivation is not possible. They help us and our partners secure your connection by storing your credentials, personalize your interface (e.g. language selection), reduce risks related to fraudulent form submission, and maintain your preferences regarding the use of technologies that collect your information.
- Analysis and improvement of the experience : The data collected using these technologies plays an essential role in the continuous improvement of your browsing experience. They help us and our partners to understand how you interact with our online services (for example, where you come from and your navigation path) and to evaluate the use of our platforms by generating statistics and data on the audience (such as pages viewed). You have the option to revoke your consent to the use of these technologies at any time.
- Marketing and advertising : The data collected allows us to remember the links you click on and the pages you visit on our online platforms. This helps us better understand your preferences and provide you with offers and services tailored to your needs. They also facilitate the creation of target groups, bringing together users sharing similar interests, in order to personalize our advertising campaigns and evaluate their impact more effectively. You have the option to revoke your consent to the use of these technologies at any time.
How to manage and deactivate them?
If you refuse the recording of cookies, your navigation and your experience on the site may be limited.
The user is invited to give their consent to the placement of these cookies by clicking on “Accept and Close” in the pop-in appearing on the site page during navigation. By clicking on the button “Find out more”, he can express his consent for each type of deposit of cookies according to each of the purposes mentioned.
Clicking on “Refuse everything”, the user who opposes the placement of cookies on his terminal by the site, may see his navigation and his experience on the site be limited.
Notwithstanding certain audience measurement cookies which cannot be configured, because they are essential to the proper functioning of the site, the user can oppose the placement of cookies from their browser in the following way:
You can modify your browser's cookie settings to disable all or some cookies:
For Internet Explorer™: open the “Tools” menu, then select “Internet Options”; click on the “Confidentiality” tab then the “Advanced” tab choose the desired level or follow this link:
For Firefox™: open the “Tools” menu, then select “Options”; click on the “Privacy” tab then choose the desired options or follow this link:
For Chrome™: open the configuration menu (wrench logo), then select “Options”; click on “Advanced options” then in the “Privacy” section, click on “Content settings”, and choose the desired options or follow the following link:
For Opera™: open the “Tools” or “Settings” menu, then select “Delete private data”; click on the “Detailed Options” tab, then choose the options you want or follow this link:
The main social network management companies also have pages dedicated to Cookies as presented below:
- For Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/policies/cookies
For X (formerly Twitter):
- For Google: https://support.google.com/accounts/answer/
- For LinkedIn: http://www.linkedin.com/legal/cookie-policy
With regard to social networks, the user must follow the steps specific to the social network concerned to deactivate cookies.
3. USE AND DISCLOSURE OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
3.1. Use of your information
We use and disclose your information to:
- identify you, update your information and verify the veracity of the information provided
- establish, manage, administer and maintain the requested products and services
- combine the information that Gustine Baby holds about you in order to generate a 360 view of the products you benefit from and thus better serve you (see your right of refusal in section 5.2)
- conduct studies and data analyzes in order to generate statistics and improve our products, in particular by analyzing the information collected by our website (see your right of refusal in section 5.2).
- personalize your customer experience, in particular through analyzes of your profile, your purchases and other information (including that collected by our website) to:
- know you better and understand your needs
- target and personalize products and promotions that may interest you and suit your situation
- better advise you thanks to the analysis of your needs and preferences
- promote products that may be of interest to you, including personalized advertisements on social and digital media platforms (see your right to refuse in section 5.2)
- inform you about the new features available on our platform
- carry out our day-to-day activities and operations
- determine your eligibility for incentives (packages, discounts)
- enable due diligence checks of our operations in anticipation of the conclusion of a commercial transaction
- manage business risks, and comply with laws and regulations
- communicate with you using the contact information you provide to us (by post, email, text message, calls, social media or otherwise)
- use and disclose certain information where the law allows us to do so (see section 4).
3.2. Communication of your information
Passing your information to other parties for legitimate purposes is sometimes unavoidable. This may include situations where required by law, where it is essential to protect your interests against fraud, or to facilitate your participation in partnered programs or to provide services to you on our behalf. At all times, we undertake to only share information strictly necessary and to obtain your consent when required.
- We take steps to ensure the integrity, security and confidentiality of your information. Please be assured that we do not under any circumstances sell customer lists to third parties. We may share your information with:
- Gustine Baby, primarily for compliance reasons and to simplify the day-to-day management of your account using credentials.
- A person acting on your behalf or at your request, such as a colleague for example.
- Merchants or partners with whom we collaborate to offer optional products and services, payment systems, payment card networks or settlement mechanisms.
- Third parties, if disclosure of your information is necessary in the context of legal proceedings.
- A government regulatory authority or self-regulatory organization.
- A person authorized by law to access this information.
- Third parties involved in carrying out commercial transactions.
- Social and digital media platforms with whom we may share your name and contact details, such as your email address, to enable us to serve targeted advertisements on their platforms (please see section 5.2 for more information about your right to refusal).
- Service providers we engage to perform various tasks, as described below.
3.3. Service providers
We select service providers very carefully. They are notably part of the following categories:
- technology services (applications, data center, data storage and backup, hosting services, maintenance services and support)
- professional services
- banking services
- services de communications
- analytics and marketing services
Suppliers who have access to your information undertake to use your information only for the purposes mentioned in the agreement and to grant them the same level of protection that we offer.
We only process your information with your explicit consent or where permitted by law. Your consent is requested for the collection, use and transmission of your information in the following situations:
- When you place an order.
- Where we need to use your information for purposes other than those for which you have already given consent.
- During certain specific interactions with us, such as calls to customer service or completing online forms.
5.1. Right to accept or refuse to provide your information
Your information is your property. Except where required by law, business or contractual agreement, you have the right to revoke your consent to the collection, use or transmission of this information. We are committed to processing your request quickly.
However, please note that certain information is necessary for us to be able to provide you with some of our products and services. If you refuse to provide them, this may make it difficult or impossible to establish or maintain a business relationship with you, or even access to some of our products. For example, if you choose not to provide your email address, we will not be able to send you newsletters or other communications to which you may have signed up.
5.2. Right to opt out of our use of your information for certain purposes
You can refuse our use of your information or withdraw your consent for the following purposes:
- a) Send you our promotional offers
Gustine Baby may occasionally send you promotional offers that may be of interest to you. You have the option to withdraw your consent at any time. It is important to note that in the case of a promotional campaign already in progress, there may be a delay before you stop receiving our offers.
Additionally, we sometimes use your name, email address, or other contact information to create targeted advertisements on social and digital media platforms. This allows us to show you personalized ads based on your needs and interests on these platforms. You can opt out of this use by adjusting your preferences in your social media account settings or by contacting us.
From time to time, we may also contact you to ask if you would like to update your preferences, to ensure that our records accurately reflect your current choices.
It is important to note that if you withdraw your consent for this use, you may continue to see some of our advertising on social media platforms. However, these ads will no longer be targeted based on your name and contact information.
- b) Collect and use your digital information on our online services
5.3 Withdrawal of consent
You can withdraw your consent to receive our promotional offers at any time. You can request this by contacting customer service. We will process your request as soon as possible.
What you will continue to receive after you withdraw your consent:
You will continue to receive information relating to your current products and services. You may also continue to receive information about our products verbally from members of our team. Indeed, they have a duty to advise you and will continue to give you this information when necessary.
5.4 Right to access your information
You may request to see the information we hold about you, unless the law provides limits on this request.
How to view your information
To view your information, you must make a request:
- by email by contacting our customer service
- by chat on the website with our customer service
- by telephone by contacting our customer service
We will process your request within 30 days, or longer if required by law, and send you confirmation by email. We will inform you if the delay is longer than 30 days.
5.5 Right to have your information corrected
You can correct inaccurate information about you. To be able to provide you with quality service, it is essential that your information is accurate and complete. To this end, we are counting on you to help us maintain the quality of the information we hold by informing us of any changes. To make a request, refer to the procedure identified in section 5.4 above.
6. SAFETY MEASURES
6.1. Retention for a limited period
We retain your information, in digital format, for as long as necessary to fulfill the purposes for which the information was collected or as long as required or permitted by law. The purpose, nature and sensitivity of the information have been taken into account in determining retention periods.
Gustine Baby is subject to numerous legal obligations regarding the retention of personal information (for example, under tax laws). Generally speaking, to meet these obligations, information relating to your personal profile (such as your name, position, email, sector) will be kept for the duration of your relationship with us and for a period of seven years following the end of your relationship. this one.
Certain exceptions may apply and require longer retention periods, for example in the case of disputes or claims. In this case, your information may be kept for up to ten years. When your information is no longer needed, we endeavor to destroy it securely.
6.2. Places of conservation
6.3. Information Security Program
We go to great lengths to protect your information against loss, theft, unauthorized access, use or disclosure and against any other breach of the protection of such information. We have a security program in place to keep up with constantly evolving threats to information security. The measures adopted in our security program are:
- limit who has access to your information. Therefore, only employees who need to see your information as part of their work have access to it.
- manage passwords and set up firewalls.
You have a role to play in protecting your information. We invite you to never disclose your passwords, codes and personal identification numbers. Our employees do not have this information and will not ask you for it. Avoid transmitting information in any email.
7. POLICY CHANGES
8. FOR ANY QUESTIONS OR COMMENTS
To ask a question or send a comment, you can contact us:
- Email email@example.com
- Call our customer service
- Write to our Personal Information Protection and Privacy Officer, whose contact details appear at the beginning of this document