Our weaver does a pre-wash, but the manufacturing process of the Gustine after cutting, assembling and sewing is not completed until the fibre has swollen to occupy the space provided. To put it plainly, not washing a Gustine before its first use leaves empty spaces between the stitches, which weakens the weave and also increases the risk that the fibres will move. (“thread shifting”).
- You MUST therefore wash your Gustine before using it for the first time.
- It is not advisable to wash your Gustine baby sling in the washing machine.
- Hand wash in cold water with mild soap.
- Do not tumble dry.
- Apply pressure to remove as much water as possible.
- Spread and dry completely
- Avoid the exposure to the sun and direct heat sources.
- Choose a well-ventilated area to speed up the drying process.
- Prevent the straps from staying wet for too long.
- Do not iron our products.
- Gustine baby carriers are all made of 100% cotton Jacquard fabric.
- The textiles, shoulder strap pads, are certified Oeko-Tex Class 1 according to the highest standards of non-toxicity of materials.
- However, some models in the exclusive collections may contain compositions different from cotton, such as linen and hemp.
- In all cases, the materials used are always of natural origin.