Our weaver does a pre-wash, but the Gustine manufacturing process following cutting, assembly and sewing is not completed until the fiber has swollen, to occupy the space provided. Simply put, not washing a Gustine before its first use leaves empty spaces between the stitches, which weakens the weave and also increases the risk of the fibers moving (“thread shifting”).
- You MUST therefore wash your Gustine before first use
- It is not recommended to maintain your Gustine baby carrier in the washing machine.
- Hand wash in cold water with mild soap.
- Do not tumble dry.
- Apply pressure to remove as much water as possible
- Spread and dry completely
- Avoid the sun and direct heat sources
- Choose a well-ventilated place to speed up drying
- Avoid the straps remaining wet for too long
- Do not iron our products.
- Gustine baby carriers are all made of 100% cotton Jacquard fabrics.
- The textiles and shoulder pads are Oeko-Tex class 1 certified according to the highest standards of non-toxicity of materials.
- Certain models from exclusive collections may, however, contain compositions other than cotton, such as linen and hemp.
- In all cases, the materials used are always of natural origin.